Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The price of love

My grandfather in Hong Kong (2012)
I have been quieter this year than is usual for me. And I apologize to my friends, loved ones and readers for it.

My beloved grandfather passed away last December and that left me bereft.  His death was sudden and traumatic. I have been very shocked and sad. He not only brought me up but was also my teacher ( both formally at school and at home) and my best friend over the years.

His death has caused a transformation. The first part of my life, which included a care-free childhood and youth has seemingly come to an end. I have been forced to reflect and take some urgent measures to resolve my personal issues. And of course, there is the continued grief, which accompanies the death of a loved one. In my case, there were years of memories to sort out and decisions to be made regarding my future.
.
However, I am much less sad and stressed now. Hopefully, I will be able to write more often. I will also share some of my old pieces as well as memories of my grandfather and some other loved ones who are no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails